Old August 10th 04, 04:55 PM
Bob Gardner

"I can appreciate your not flying IFR. but in general it's so much easier to
plan and fly under those rules than VFR, and the traffic reports are nice to
have. too."

Agreed...but I interpreted your comment about traffic reports (above) to
mean that they were not available when VFR.

Bob

"AJW" wrote in message

You get traffic reports with VFR flight following, too, AJW. That's what

it
is for. The real name of FF is "Radar Traffic Information Service"

(4-1-14
AIM). Not the best reason for choosing IFR over VFR.

Unless there's a compelling reason not to, I almost always file IFR. It

makes
(in my view, at least) flying much easier.