Old February 28th 04, 05:20 AM
Tuollaf43

"Boomer" wrote in message ...
it's a flying death trap in Indian hands, they fall from the sky with great
regularity.

Cope India 2004 - DACT at Gwalior.
"They performed very well. I think in most cases they were equal to
us, superior in some aspects. So it was a very good learning
experience for both sides. It was a very tough scenario on all days,
the pilot skill levels were also equal a lot of times. It felt like we
were fighting ourselves, when we were fighting the Indian Air Force
guys," said Captain Vogel, USAF, 19 Fighter Squadron.

"Deep Avali" wrote in message
om...

http://www.hipakistan.com/en/detail....=&f_type=sourc

Introduced in 1963? Well, not as old as the B-52 or other U.S.
models, but you'd think the IAF would have some newer planes by now.

"The MiG-21 is not known for its radar or hauling capabilities, nor
for its target acquisition equipment or range, but its known that in
many ways it was a pilot's plane. It doesn't have any computers or
fancy navigation equipment. It very much depends on the pilot and his
(hopefully) good training and experience."

Refusing to fly a pilot's plane? Morale must be in the gutter if
young officers are declining flight time for any reason.

Also see:
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/MONITO...-1/suresh.html