Old September 24th 03, 09:32 PM
Paul J. Adam

In message , phil hunt
writes
On 23 Sep 2003 11:22:50 -0700, Kevin Brooks wrote:
this does not sound like the most promising of developments against
the HEAT round, and I can't see how it would be that effective against
a kinetic round, so is this another wonderful research project that
sees little opportunity of realistic fielding?

Sounds a bit like a waste of money to me. Perhaps the MoD should be
more concerned with making sure British soldiers have rifles and
radios that work.

*Still* waiting on Bowman, but PRR works really well at unit level.

As for L85/L86, after such a shrill whine the silence is suddenly
deafening. Where _are_ all those stories about British soldiers doomed
to death by their flawed faulty useless rifles?

Did the rifles actually *work*? How embarrassing! What will people
complain about now?

--
When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite.
W S Churchill