Old July 16th 09, 09:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
BeechSundowner

Default Light gun work with ATC COMS - Video

On Jul 16, 3:36*pm, Sam Spade wrote:
BeechSundowner wrote:
On Jul 16, 3:41 am, Sam Spade wrote:

So, you are saying I need a clearance to land when NORDO and proceeding
under the provisions of 91.185?

Correct. *I am sure you know clearance for an approach is NOT a
clearance to land. *I don't see anything in the above that says I am
allowed to land (hence the light signals).

No light signals, no clearance to land. *I better be squawking 7700 if
I plan to land without a LANDING clearance. *The above pertains to
enroute and approach clearances.

I beg to differ with you. *When operating under 91.185 you don't have an
approach clearance any more than you have a landing clearance. *

Lets go this route. The system has built in a communication way for
getting a clearance to land via light gun?

What makes you think that 91.185 would trump the clearance to land
procedures?

I realize this is more theoretical talk as in the real world, ATC will
move traffic to get us in safely and it's a matter of "semantics" but
in the theory world, what you gave as reference pertains to enroute
operations (center and approaches), not tower operations (landing)