Old March 23rd 05, 07:21 AM
Dave in San Diego

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in
.net:

"Dave in San Diego" wrote in message
. ..

If the IFR probe won't retract, what's the usual reason, and what
other effects will that failure have on other systems, specifically
those associated with landing. Got asked that on another forum.
Relates to a segment in this video:
http://www.big-boys.com/articles/theairforcefun.html

I have no experience with the F-14, but I'd wager with the probe
extended any external fuel would not transfer. On similar aircraft
fuel is forced out by engine bleed air, the tanks must obviously be
unpressurized during refueling.

Ignore the fact that the moron poster mistook this for AF stuff.

He identifies it as U. S. Navy.

The info *on* the page was updated, but the link *to* the page still says
theairforcefun.html, as above.

Thanks for all the info guys. Got the question answered.