Old April 1st 04, 04:18 PM
G.R. Patterson III

SelwayKid wrote:

How would you handle a situation where a paying passenger began to
manhandle the controls?

I'd try telling him to quit it. If that didn't work, I'd probably brain him with the
fire extinguisher.

What would you do if a passenger keeps interrupting you during a
single pilot IFR approach into a very busy airport?

Hit the "pilot isolate" button on the intercom.

What would you do if your passengers lit up their marijuana in the
back of a twin?

Notify the authorities to pick them up at the nearest airport and land there.

What would you do if the passenger was so big they kept getting in the
way of control travel?

Since control travel checks are part of my runup procedures, we would never leave the
ground.

What would you do if your passenger decided to get out of the airplane
while in flight?

About all I can think of to try is to put the plane in the steepest left bank I can
hold while maintaining control. In my plane, that's going to make it extremely
difficult for him to get out. Then it's nothing but left turns and slips until I
flare for landing.

George Patterson
Treason is ne'er successful, Sir; what then be the reason? Why, if treason
be successful, Sir, then none dare call it treason.