Old April 4th 04, 04:37 PM
Kevin Brooks

"Russell Waterson" wrote in message
u...
I will always maintain that I think us Aussies would be better off with
Typhoons

Yeah, buying the more expensive (both in terms of purchase and operating
costs), shorter range (on internal fuel), and much less stealthy Typhoon
would be a real wise move for the RAAF...

Brooks

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

"John Cook" wrote in message

snip

BTW, I worked on AFT, F-22, and several other current AESA programs,
including airborne processors, and integrated avionics systems.

Great, here' s a couple of questions for you.
Do you think they will combine the AESA antennas for the JSF and the
F-22 to a common 1200 module system? (I saw the number of modules for
the F-22 was at 1500). I had heard a rumour that this was on the
cards for cost savings etc.

And so, as predicted, the actual transfer of technology is from the F-35

the F-22.

I wonder if Oz has that check ready for a couple of squadrons ...