Old March 2nd 20, 05:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default ELY 2020

On Monday, March 2, 2020 at 8:56:16 AM UTC-8, Craig Reinholt wrote:
And good luck to anyone landing on a dirt road in the West. Most have high side berms and are probably narrower than a 15M ship.

There was a shot of a DG-300 that was very lucky, one wing on the wire. I believe that was an outlining near Minden. For those that attended the webinar on Dave's outlining on a road in the Great Basin there was a less lucky example. I have about 1,700 hours of XC time, not nearly as experienced as Ramy. However, I would think long and hard and be at the end of a long line of poor decisions to be lining up on a road in the western states.