Old March 15th 20, 11:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default L 33 Solo Gliders

Interesting. I would never consider the Jantars as safe gliders for beginners, as solid as they are. IIRC, 100h flight time was required from us in my club. PW-5 yes, by all means. I have flown both.

While this thread isn't about Jantars, what, apart from it being slippery glass makes them unsuitable? I guess the forward visibility on aerotow isn't the greatest either but that's a pretty minor issue. They're pretty good back for buck.

WRT L 33, aren't those pretty much unrepairable?

(disclaimer: have Jantar Std 2, flown all the Std Jantars)