Old March 25th 20, 04:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Trailer access calculation?

John McLaughlin wrote on 3/25/2020 2:40 AM:
I want to bring my trailer home to do some maintenance while we're all
grounded, but I'm not sure if I can access my house from the road. I
have a 90deg bend to get around and then the second issue is a short,
steep slope, which may ground the back of the trailer.

So my question is, if I measure things up, how can I calculate whether
access is theoretically possible? Is there any advice on the internet - I
can't find anything?

I don't want to just try the trailer for size because I fear getting it
stuck.

First, take the glider out of the trailer.

Get someone with a 4WD/AWD short wheel base towing vehicle to tow it down there.
Lower the tow vehicle hitch so the trailer rear end is up in the air an extra 6"+.

Put it on a flat bed truck and carry it down there. The flat bed has to just long
enough for the trailer wheels to be on it - the tail can stick out back.