Old March 27th 20, 02:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

Default Needing a Conditional Inspection (west coast)

Randy
You shouldn't have to drive so far to find a A&P mechanic to inspect and sign off your ship.
Do you have the Aircraft Maintenance Manual?
Its simple really if you haven't damaged it since last inspection.
Check for AD's, pull out the seat pans and lube all bearings and check attachment points. Do a delamination tap test on the spars with a quarter.
Look at the the Wt and balance data. Just look at everything you can.
Shouldn't take 2 guys more than 2-4 hrs max.
I'd start calling your local FBO's and find a guy who's interested and willing to start taking care of your plane. Things are slow right now, everyone is looking for work.
Driving to Moriarty or Warner is So far
Granted you could fly at both locations, [ not sure if Warner is locked down, but I bet it is} but never the less thats alot of driving for just a condition inspection.
Nick
A&P