Old January 16th 20, 06:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Women's Worlds

Hey Dan,

I miss the motley crew at Ridge Soaring. Say g'day to Tom, Doris, John, Bill, Marty and the gang when you see them. Doing my Diamond Goal as a gliding noob to Cumberland and back between lake effect snow showers still rates as my best glider flight ever!

As for the WWGC, the rain is the best possible thing for the population and Sarah! Not so flash for those trying to improve their standing, however. To lose only 3 days to weather during the worst bushfires in living memory is a pretty remarkable outcome for a 2 week comp but hey, we're glider pilots. Can't help wanting just that little bit more.....

CJ

Thanks CJ. Miss you at the Ridge. I see they've cancelled the launch and day Thursday(there) Wednesday(here) due to an approaching storm,
and the forecast is for rain tomorrow (last scheduled flying day). NSW needs the rain, hope it's enough to break the drought.