Old November 1st 11, 06:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default Oudie and 302

On Nov 1, 1:27*pm, "Dan Marotta" wrote:
...But it *could* be used for OLC. *At least the file generated by my hacked
Mio running XCSoar was accepted in a test.

"Paul Remde" wrote in message

Hi,

Both the 302 and the Oudie log the flight in separate files. *Only the 302
file is accepted for badges and records.

If the 302 fails the Oudie would still log the flight, but it couldn't be
used for badges or records.

Paul Remde

"Stephen" wrote in message

Curious ..

1) Does the Oudie create a separate .igc file even when using the 302
gps?

2) If the 302 gps fails and the Oudie switches to internal gps, will
the .igc file be intact?

S9

Oudie log file most definitely will be accepted by the OLC. Be
careful to exit SeeYou Mobile before powering down the Oudie or it
will result in an invalid IGC file giving the dreaded red circle of
doom.

Oudie logging its own separate file saved my butt on Day 1 of the
Region 10 contest when the SD Card on the Nano somehow popped out
during flight. I also had my FlywithCE running during the flight as a
third backup but didn't have to resort to that.