Old March 2nd 05, 04:50 PM
Lakeview Bill

Let's all back up for a moment, shall we?

Some of you may not know this, but FUBAR is a fairly commonly used acronym
in the US, standing for F*cked Up Beyond All Repair.

When I originally read this thread, I did not realize that there was
actually an intersection named "FUBAR", I thought it was a generic
reference, such as "Podunk, AR".

I thought the mythical FUBAR could be any waypoint, hence it could be a VOR,
and the aircraft could be outside of it's service volume.

Hope this serves as a clarification...

"Peter R." wrote in message

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 09:20:37 -0500, "Peter R."

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 21:02:59 -0700, Newps wrote:

No controller who knows what he's doing clears a /A or /U direct FUBAR
when FUBAR is outside the service volume of the navaid.

How could FUBAR be "outside the service volume of the navaid"?

It's an intersection.

An intersection defined by the 015 radial off the Phoenix VOR and 22

DME.

How can an intersection be "outside the service volume"?

I didn't state that it was. I was just pointing out how this particular
intersection was defined.

At 22 DME from the navaid, I don't see how it could be outside the service
volume.

--
Peter

News==----