Old September 16th 20, 02:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

Default Best Overall Motorglider available today?

I was thinking single seat Cross Country flying
I've flown the Phoenix, too low performance, looking for at least 40/1
I've got a fair amount of time in the Stemme with Glider Bob.
Stemme is too much of everything, cost, weight, complexity.
I think the Stemme was concieved by mating a B-52 and a Abrams tank.
The ASH 26E is very high on the list. Bill Gawthrop loved his and put up a ton of big flights in it and I don't remember him having many problems with it.
The DG 400 is too but I've read engine parts are hard to come by these days, but they do trade hands for 60-65K.
What about the Carat? Looks kinda funny with the prop blades folded forward, but Randal Acree puts up some impressive flights in his. What do they trade hands for?
Nick