Old September 19th 20, 04:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

Default Dust cover choices

On Saturday, September 19, 2020 at 8:14:33 AM UTC-7, wrote:
I am looking for dust covers. My 15 m glider spends all of its off-duty hours in my hangar, but since this is New Mexico (i.e., a desert) it collects dust and I would like to keep it covered, especially over the winter when I do not fly as much. Jaxida and Cloud Dancers offer dust covers, but the $500 to $1,000 cost seems high, and that's not including the $200 shipping charge. Are there any alternatives? I searched for Kerry Covers, but there is little info on their website, and I couldn't find any prices.

My sewing skills are nonexistent, and I do not have the equipment anyway. If I do decide on a do it yourself solution, what fabric should I choose? I've been thinking breathable, waterproof ripstop nylon.

http://www.craggyaero.com/CloudDancers.htm