Old September 23rd 20, 04:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Best Overall Motorglider available today?

kinsell wrote on 9/23/2020 8:10 AM:
On 9/22/20 3:09 PM, waremark wrote:

I expect that as the energy density of batteries improves electric engines will
become dominant, and I worry that this will affect the sale-ability of petrol
engined self-launchers.

Even without advances like dilithium crystal batteries, we have the prospect of
politicians getting into power who have sworn to get rid of fossil fuels
altogether.* That brings up the prospect of electric towplanes that can do one or
two launches a day, then back to the hangar for their recharge.

Electric towplanes? An odd response to the question of the Best Overall
Motorglider available today, where the idea is to get rid of the towplane entirely.