Old October 9th 05, 03:17 PM
NickL

ctr,

You look for the siver lining in every coud when it comes to tilt
rotors, don't you. The 11,300 lbs is the empth weight given for the
609 on every web page pubished by Agusta and Bell, not just the
"executive transport" ones. If you know another weight publish it. As
a member of the 609 design team, you might have better data.

In any case, it would take 2100 lbs of chairs and carpet to provide the
fuel to get to 1000 miles, an absurd weight bogy for a cabin that size.
I would estimate that the difference between a utility and exec should
be about 400 lbs for the tiny cabin of the 609. I also believe the
empty weight given, 11300 is the utility empty weight, as is Bell's
practice.

Regarding Cat B (you are starting to learn things), there is no 609
benefit on this discussion because the 16,800 bs I use is the maximum
gross weight, and no further overload is allowed. (unless you know of
plans to grow the machine further.)

Thus, the range, as stated is correct.

BTW all the silver lining you found will not allow the 609 to get
closer than half the payload of the Black Hawk, so why don't you simply
agree to the basic argument that you have been struggling to avoid - a
tilt rotor carries half the payload, and has the same range as a
helicopter with the same weight and power?

Nick

CTR wrote:
Nick,

Thank you for responding to my question. Now please consider my
response.

The BA609 shown with a 750 NM range is configured for executive
transport. It has sound proofing, thermal insulation, reclining
leather seats, mini bar, entertainment centers, full cabin
airconditioning and heating. It also limits its vertical take off load

to meet FAA Cat A performance for operating in congested urban areas.

For goverment and special civil operations outside congested areas
(ships and oil platforms) the BA609 will be able strip the glitter and
operate under Cat B restrictions. This will allow it to operate from a
hover to meet the 1,000 NM stated range. Currently the limiting factor
on BA609 higher load is the landing gear not power.

Does this clear up the picture for you?

Nick, you stated "...the reason why folks buy our machines" So who do
you work for?

Take care,

CTR