Old May 21st 04, 12:12 AM
John Clonts

"Maule Driver" wrote in message
. com...
John Clonts wrote:

Side question, I have tried filing via Duats a flight plan beginning
at a navaid, and it won't let me because it tries to convert it to an
airport (e.g. XYZ Vor yields "Airport KXYZ does not exist"). Do you
know of some way around this?

Why would you do this? If you are on the ground, you'd file a composite
plan. If you are in the air, you presumably would use a radio to file.

The reason I would want to do this is for the same reason you would want a
composite plan, except that I don't want the interaction with FSS for the
VFR portion (for whatever reason).

But anyway, how exactly do you file a composite plan via duats? What do you
put into each field? The AIM says to check both IFR and VFR, but the duats
web front end uses a single-select box. Does telnet duats allow you to
check both? And where do you indicate which portion of the flight is which?
Freeform in the route box, or all in the remarks section? What exactly do
you put into the departure and destination boxes?

Thanks,
John Clonts
Temple, Texas
N7NZ