Old January 28th 06, 07:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default DG-300 instrument panel

I've sent the original poster photos of my panel before and after
changes I had done.

Within reason it is possible to fiberglass patch existing holes and
redrill them. I'd go this route instead of trying to fabricate a new
panel. I had this done to my DG-303. As Marc says the tapered sides of
the instument panel shroud are a problem. In my case this prevented the
normal Becker transponders or radios being mounted in the lower panel
cutouts. (the radio normally goes in it's own curout below the main
panel). In my case both 57mm bottom holes in the panel were filled and
a new hole cut in the center of this filled area to accoodate a Becker
radio, a Becker transponder was installed where the radio normlly goes.
Of course you lose an instument position.

It is also possible to cut the instument shroud and make fabricate on a
"bubble" to accomodate the longer instuments but I didn't want to do
this. Becker also makes remote mount radios and transponders but they
are more expensive and you have to find somewere to install the remote
unit.

Darryl