Old January 2nd 05, 06:12 PM
Robert M. Gary

Juan Jimenez wrote:
"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...
You'd never last long at the FAA. I have a friend that died from a

head
injury in an aircraft accident after he removed his shoulder

harnesses
because the FAA inspector said he didn't have the proper paperwork

for
them.

Umm, interesting story... and the FAA forced him to fly without it?

Twisted
his arm and all, eh? Must have been a doozy of a lawsuit, with

criminal
charges and all...

Told him the plane was unairworthy and that the harnesses were
unapproved. I would have taken them out too. We also had an Aeronca
together that didn't have harnesses so it didn't seem like such a big
deal.

The previous owner had installed them without any paperwork, no one
knew where they came from.

-Robert