Old March 5th 04, 12:52 PM
legere

Thanks for the link.... maybe FDSConnect will do what I want.

I don't want to start a flame war. I may purchase FSUIPC. I am
not seriously opposed to it. I just wondered if there was another
way. All I ever used from FSUIPC is read /write / process, for which
I wrote a java wrapper so that I could script FS from Jython/ Matlab /
Mathematica. Now, I just discovered that the new SDK includes a much
nicer java interface then mine, so maybe buying FSUIPC is the right
thing.
Has anyone had any issues with the German company that you have to
pay?
Simmarket?

wrote in message . ..
This is similar to FSUIPC:
http://www.flightdecksoftware.com/fdsconnect.php and was announced
shortly after Pete made FSUIPC semi-payware.

I'm not going to rant yet again about how I don't understand why people
don't want to pay for such an excellent, enabling add-on with *stellar*
customer support (even when it was free), but I will just note that I
have never even downloaded the FDSConnect software. I don't see the
need.

But then, I am a registered FSUIPC user so maybe I just don't get it.