Old December 18th 06, 03:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Dohm

Default Walton probable cause

I just recieved the notification of the NTSB's probable cause findings you
can
read it at

http://www.ntsb.gov/NTSB/brief.asp?e...05X00921&key=1

Chuck S

I don't feel that I have any expert qualification of any kind. However,
since the Walton crash is one of those events which continue to receive at
least passing mention at chapter gatherings and other hangar flying
sessions; and after again reviewing the report, including the "additional
information" section, I think that there is some unstated advice that all of
us can take away--and it is the following:

The simplest and most forgiving aircraft which you fly deserves the same
care, attention to detail, and adherence to standards and procedures--in
both its maintenance and its operation--as the hottest and most complex
aircraft which you fly!

I intend to adhere strictly to the advice above.

Peter