Old July 9th 07, 11:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Peter Clark

Default Hardest approach flown so far

On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 20:50:31 -0500, "Viperdoc"
wrote:

There is no radar, and the final approach course is surrounded by mountains,
so I would think circling would have been outside of the protected area of
the localizer. Also, circling in turbulence and icing is not a very
appealing option. I was told by center to intercept the DME arc, but was not
given final approach clearance until established on the localizer BC.

Once you were established on the arc could you ask to descend to the
published altitudes for the arc itself?