Old November 2nd 17, 06:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kevin Christner

Default Train Wreck

Dear John,

I agree we should have a discussion about this. One important issue is whether a pilot meets the requirements of the US Team Code of Conduct. I post some relevant sections below:

13.1.3 Courtesy. Courteous accessibility to visiting SSA members, sponsors, dignitaries and the Press.
13.1.4 Respect. Respect for the host organization, the facility, the rules of the airfield and the organization.
13.1.5 Treatment. Fair, considerate, courteous treatment of Team Management, Team Volunteers, and members of the public.
13.2.1 Highest Level. To maintain at all times a high standard of sportsmanship and fair play
13.2.6 Respect. Maintain an attitude of respect and politeness towards competitors both in the air and on the ground.
13.3 To Specifically Refrain From. To refrain from any behavior which might reflect unfavorably on the United States of America, the sport, the Team, its management, or which might bring any other pilot, official or the Team into disrepute

Since you voted for Sean highly, can you please certify that he has met all of these requirements?

On Wednesday, November 1, 2017 at 7:07:22 PM UTC-4, John Cochrane wrote:
It's good to have a discussion of this new selection system on RAS, and it has to include specific cases, hard as that may be.

FWIW, I voted Sean highly in both classes, with a warning -- very talented and young (by our standards) pilot, but tends to be a bit unstable especially behind a keyboard. A true champion has emotional equanimity.

A lot of us would be happy to have to leave our wingtip extensions home and get to fly a WGC!

John Cochrane