Old July 6th 05, 10:13 PM
Stephen McNaught

In that specific case, heading directly, with no wind correction, to the
airport, than your method would work. For me, it is just as easy, and has
more versatility, to visualize the sectors around the airport, know which of
those sectors I'm in, and use the appropriate frequency. We all look for
methods that decrease our work load. Good luck. - Steve

"AliR" wrote in message
I wasn't thinking that far ahead. I was thinking about approaching the
airport.

As of yet I haven't passed the airport before deciding to call up

approach.
;-) But that is a good point.

I am always on the lookout for finding shortcuts, to make my work load

less.

AliR.