Old August 25th 10, 03:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

Default Sad Tale of Greed and Aspiration.

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 06:35:48 -0500, brian whatcott wrote:

Then I found you couldn't download LK8000, perhaps because a copyright
owner of XCsoar was objecting. Too bad.

Nah, its just XCSoar politics. LK8000 is a fork off XCSoar and, as that
is Open Source, copyright considerations don't apply.

Currently downloads are restricted to beta testers. I have a copy of
1.20i but then I've been corresponding with the developer since he was
working on the XCSoar 5.2.x PNA version. Contact me off-news if you'd
like his contact details.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK