Old August 26th 10, 05:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
noel.wade

Default Sad Tale of Greed and Aspiration.

On Aug 25, 6:49*pm, brian whatcott wrote:

Someone somewhere has made useful display choices for number sizes,
colors and contrasts. I like the idea of sound coding the touch menu -
nifty touch! Now I need to find topography and a map *(preferably the
whole US with airports though that is probably distinctly
un-glider-pilot-like....

Gratefully,

Brian Whatcott

Brian -

Glad you're up and running!

I strongly encourage you to sit down and read the manual; or at least
thumb through ALL of the System Configuration options in the program.
You can customize just about everything (units, colors, font sizes,
etc) to the way you like it. The program works well out of the box,
but there's a lot you can do to make it present just the information
that's important to you, and in just the way you want it presented.

As for maps, see the LK8000 website: www.bware.it/listing/LKMAPS/
(if you want US maps, check out the "NAM" folder, which stands for
"North AMerica").

Enjoy,

--Noel