Old March 4th 11, 04:31 PM
MBDiagMan MBDiagMan is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug Dout View Post
At the moment I can't think of any particular plane to recommend. But
you might get on barnstormers.com and do a search by price; this will
bring up a number of aircraft for you to consider. Is LSA important?
--
Pity the warrior that kills all his foe.
~ Star Trek

I've been doing some looking and I seem to be coming up with the Aeronca Chief and Aeronca Champs as choices. I really don't like the idea of my wife sitting behind. I'm not worried about the CFI sitting behind, because he's the same guy that solo'd me in the Champ and seems to enjoy the back seat.

Since I started looking I've found a few souped up Cessna 140's that might fill the bill although they're a little over my budget. With the pipeline money, I can probably stretch the budget although that would eat into my planned hanger material money.

LSA is not important. I plan on getting my PPL. I have most all the flying specifics behind me except the long cross country. I will just have to get my flying edge back, fly my long cross country and then be ready for the check ride. Then I will work with my instructor to get comfortable in and out of my grass strip.

Since I wrote the original post, I have done some measuring and it looks like the strip length will be more like 1,300 feet. In fact I can also prepare a crossing runway that will be more like 1,500, but will be crosswind most of the time.

Thanks again.