Old April 23rd 06, 03:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.restoration

Default Temporary, portable sand blasting 'cabinet'??

"Michael Horowitz" wrote in message
news
I can use the club's compressor, but I need to bring my bead-blaster
to that location.

Looking for schemes for erecting a temporary, portable sand blasting
'cabinet'. Thinking of something large enough for a rudder or smaller
if we can insert half of the work at a time.

Thinking of a poly-sheet over a PVC frame about a foot high.

Anyone done something similar? - MIke

For sandblasting I just lay out a big tarp on the lawn. Set the parts on a
basket. Most of the sand stays on the tarp, the rest ends up in the grass
Setting buckets around the work helps trap more...

'course sand is cheaper than beads - I don't mind if I loose 5-10%.

Wear a good dust mask and goggles. Tyvek coveralls help keep the sand out of
your shorts.

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com