Old May 12th 06, 04:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default MoGas Tips, Tricks, Concerns, How To

"Bela P. Havasreti" wrote in message
On Fri, 12 May 2006 08:42:59 -0500, "Gig 601XL Builder"
wrDOTgiaconaATcox.net wrote:

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message

"soxinbox" wrote in message
If you run your car engine on 80 octane mogas, it will usually run
fine.
If your car overheats, it will start to knock. If you have 100 octane
gas
it will start to knock at a higher CHT than if you ran at 80 octane.
This
is not usually a problem in a car that has a radiator and thermostat to
regulate the temperature.

I can't remember seeing anything less than 85 octane car gas since, oh,
maybe the 60's?

Around here the grades on the pump are 83,89 and 93. Here=South & Central
Arkansas.

I've always wondered why the mogas octane levels are different around
various areas of the US. Where I live (northwest), our mogas is
87, 89 and 92.

Altitude - higher needs more octane.