Old December 27th 04, 04:41 AM
Eric Greenwell

As to the post above, the one piece of advice I have consistently heard
is that fiberglass trailers do not block all the UV, therefore it is
prudent to coat the inside of the trailer with a UV blocking paint. Or
keep the glider in a hangar.

I've heard this, too. Has anyone measured the UV transmission of a
glider trailer top? Since most plastic absorbs UV well, it's hard to
imagine much of the UV gets through the resin (and the paint, if that's
used). Glass also absorbs UV, so I'd expect the fiberglass to also
reduce the UV.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA