Old May 7th 05, 04:43 AM
Larry Dighera

On Sat, 07 May 2005 02:15:57 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote in
xxVee.54333$r53.40993@attbi_s21::

"Marketing ploy?" Larry, a marketing ploy is designed to MAKE money.

A "party" is designed to COST money.

Perhaps. But it would seem that you have a rather captive audience,
in as much as pilots will be unable to depart for 8 house after
consuming the last free drink, and you are in the business of renting
rooms for the night.

And given:

From: "Jay Honeck"
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.piloting
Subject: Oshkosh Bound? Free Beer in Iowa!
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 19:16:02 GMT

Is there a free sober-up room to go along with the free beer?
:-)

Well, you could lay down in my hanger, I suppose.

We've got two couches there -- one comfy for sleeping, and the
other that we got from the "University Surplus" store. It's hard
plastic, and was obviously designed to be cleaned with a fire
hose, for those "post party" power yawns...
--
Jay Honeck

It would seem that your policy is not to provide complementary rooms
to the guests you entice with beer, so it might accurately be
characterized as a marketing scheme if they are made to pay for a room
at your establishment.

I was perfectly willing to drop this issue, but you keep drawing my
name into it, so you force me to go on reminding you of the facts.