Old April 10th 05, 09:17 PM
W P Dixon

Default Wasted Trip

Hi Yall,
Just got back from Winchester ,VA. I went up there to fly an old L3 , but
after having the arrangements made for the last week after I drive all the
way up there, I am told that no one had put me on the schedule. ( Had been
having to reschedule due to bad weather for a month).
Of course the young fellow at the counter said well I can get you in at
7pm, and then for alittle while on Sunday. Which , yes, was decent of him to
try to pull something off. But when someone has driven for 6 and a half
hours to fly as much as humanly possible Saturday afternooon and Sunday, it
just would not do.
When I am willing to go that far I expect to fly more than enough to
make it worth my while. So I thought about it for a minute or two, said
"f--- it" I'm going back to TN. Crappy way to do biz, and I just could not
see giving not even one hard earned dollar to Valley Aviation . If a company
is not going to write down reservations they need to stop taking them
altogether.
So I didn't get to fly the L3 , which is a bummer! I looked forward to
it. But at least I stopped by Lexington and paid my respects to the General.
I sure hope you ladies and gents had more fun flying than I did this
weekend.

--
Patrick Dixon
student SPL