Old June 7th 16, 10:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default ASG-32 Mi rigging aid

On Monday, June 6, 2016 at 3:33:57 PM UTC-4, Bob Caldwell (BC) wrote:
On Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 7:51:19 PM UTC-6, wrote:
Understand there is a new rigging aid created to help roll the ASG-32 Mi inner wing panels out of the trailer before the wing panel goes into a wing rigger. If you have a chance to witness this, please make a video of it operating and post it on YouTube. Anything to not be down with a bad back!

I can't help you with a video but I saw it in action at the SSA convention. It is an upright assembly with 2 narrowly spaced wheels. The end of main panel spar engages this and then you lever it rearward which lifts the wing and wheel it out. It looked a bit difficult to get it past the wing rigger which was against the fuselage. Once the wing panel is fully out you just lever it back down onto the rigger. You might email Ralf or Alfred at Cobra. Wish I could help more.

Bob

Thanks BC. Were the wheels side by side or were they in tandem? Was the "pogo" rigid or did it telescope and incorporate a spring of some sort?