Old July 25th 03, 03:48 PM
Marco L

I think that would only be part of the picture. Acquisitions are rarely that
cut-and-dry. Other factors that may have played into the decision include
reduction in competition, staff augmentation, clients (there may be an
underlying lucrative deal to supply UPS aircraft), R&D contracts (ADS-B),
and the all-too-underestimated "personal" reasons. Min worked with some of
these guys back in the Bendix-King days.

We'll never know the full picture unless we hear it from one of the
insider's themselves.

Marco

"Jonathan Goodish" wrote in message

It would appear that UPSAT had technology that Garmin did not, which
would indicate to me that Garmin was the technological underdog. If
there was nothing there for Garmin, they wouldn't have bothered with the
aquisition.

JKG

http://www.usenet.com