Old August 22nd 04, 08:25 PM
Matt Whiting

Mitty wrote:

Can anyone point me to web or print resources with discussion of how to
best utilize two pilots in small airplanes? Who does what, etc. I have
found lots of airline-level material but really nothing that relates to
flying light singles. Or maybe someone who regularly flies with a pilot
spouse? How do you split the workload?

Since I fly a fair bit of single pilot IFR, I want to retain proficiency
at that and not get dependent on another body in the cockpit. I use
another pilot or passenger to simply do things like hand me charts and
confirm altitudes and watch for traffic. I continue to perform ALL
flying, navigating and communication chores so that I stay proficient
for single-pilot flight.

Matt