Old June 22nd 05, 02:14 PM
Gig 601XL Builder

"W P Dixon" wrote in message
The one great thing about getting the sport pilot first is you would be
able to fly , carry a passenger in a light sport plane..and most important
I would think is practice for your PPL. I guess we don't know for sure yet
because no one has done it...but it makes good sense to say that by
obtaining a SPL, and flying, may actually speed up the process for getting
the PPL when you are ready for it. Extra practice sure can't hurt, and
it's alot cheaper to fly by yourself than having a CFI on board.
There's been many a PPL trained in Cubs and Champs, get your SPL in one
and get a head start!

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech

Again, as I mentioned in my post I have no problem with someone taking the
SP test during the PP process. but don't think for a second it is going to
save you any money.

Your thought that it will allow you to fly passengers while continueing to
train for a PP will, if done, increase the cost of the PP because the last
thing you need in the airplane while practicing for your PP is a none pilot
passenger. Flight time during the PP process should be used for practice for
the test and you shouldn't be doing those manuvers with a victim.... I mean
passenger.

GigG