Old June 22nd 05, 10:35 PM
Gig 601XL Builder

"W P Dixon" wrote in message
Well I can say I would agree with that! But I did not say fly around
with your friends for 90 hours. I do agree to get the time in by your
lonesome , but if every great once in awhile you want to take a friend ,
then by the regs for SP you can. I think it's great you grew up around
airplanes, I did not get involved with them until I was 18. Finally now at
40 I am flying one instead of just fixing them for the Marines, airlines
and such ! I'm having a blast with the old planes, flying and getting to
tinker on them as well.
Myself I won't be able to get a PPL due to one of those nit picky
reasons you mention,... but I can promise you I will be a good pilot
And I know I will have to be very very comfie with my skills before I
consider taking anyone up with me. By the way how's the 601 coming along?
Are you going with the Rotax or some other powerplant?

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech

Great... glad to hear it.

The 601 has been on hold waithing for me to complete the hanger which in now
finished and just about moved into. Visit www.peoamerica.net/N601WR for
photos. Feel free to drop by I'm SURE I could find something for an
ex-Marine mech to do.