Old February 14th 05, 03:50 PM
RST Engineering

Suggest you get a copy of Western Region's "Aircraft Alterations" and read
the section on "minor modifications" and the definition thereof.

Also suggest you get a copy of Bill O'Brien's treatise on owner produced
parts.

Also suggest you understand the difference between manufacturing a part that
will cause the aircraft to disassemble in flight if it fails versus one that
will pop a circuit breaker if it fails.

All of which I **thought** I suggested to you back in March of last year,
but can't put a specific remembrance to it.

Jim

"Dan Thompson" wrote in message
m...
Are you still here? Maybe you can answer this question I posed to you
back on March 16, 2004:

"Your App. Note 1 references an AC that was superseded back in 1996, AC
20-62C, which is now AC 20-62D. The current version says in the
definition
of "Acceptable Parts": "(2) Parts produced by an owner or operator for
maintaining or altering their own product and which are shown to conform
FAA-approved data." So how can an owner's home-made dimmer circuit can be
installed without any approved data?"