Old November 27th 14, 09:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.misc

Default Small plane yoke travel

On Monday, November 17, 2014 4:18:04 PM UTC-6, Jon Danniken wrote:
I'm hoping this question isn't too far off charter for this group, but
it's been ages since I've been up in a small plane, and I'm wondering
about yoke travel.

Specifically, in a plane such as a Cessna 172, how far is the yoke
travel from all the way forward to all the way back?

Thanks for any help with this,

About one foot. A person with normal length arms should be able to move the yoke from full forward to full back with just their arms, leaving their torso against the seat back.

Peter Wezeman
anti-social Darwinist