Old January 1st 07, 04:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
[email protected][_1_]

Default Diamond DA-40 headroom

I think the extra inch is what I would need to keep from bumping the
headset against the canopy. Also, my current headset isn't exactly
small (Telex 50D) but it is really quiet. I'll have to look at the
cushion next time I'm in a DA40.

Thanks,
Eric Bartsch
1959 Pilatus P3-05
http://www.hometown.aol.com/bartscher/P3A848.html

On Jan 1, 11:24 am, wrote:
Eric,

I've got a DA40, with sheepskin seat covers, and I'm 6' 3" with a
34-35" inseam. Two things that make a differeence - taking out the seat
covers buys an extra inch, and using a lightspeed headseat (which my
partner flies with) gets you and inch on the top of the head. He's a
former Airforce fighter pilot, and Airforce instructor who flew for
Eastern, and he swears by the headset.

I find that I hit my headset the frist five or ten minutes of a flight,
then seem to "Settle in" to the seat after that.

I love the plane - she's awesome to fly for a number of reasons:
1) Incredible view outside the plane
2) G1000 system is fantastic
3) Flying with a stick seems like you're flying a "real plane"
4) Safest safety record in it's class
5) Good speed / forgiveness trade-off.

Patrick Sweeney
DA-40