Old July 19th 03, 11:35 PM
SelwayKid

Drew Hamilton wrote in message ...
I hold a Canadian Private Pilote License-Aeroplane. Is it possible to hold
both a Canadian and an American license simultaneously, and if so, what's
the procedure for obtaining the American license?

The reason that I'm interested in holding the American license (rather
than just that FAA endorsement that you can get) is that I may be
interested in living overseas for a few years, and I suspect that I will
have an easier time finding an N-numbered plane that I can rent than
a C-numbered plane.

- awh

Drew
I have both the USA and Canadian licenses. Others have indicated how
to obtain the FAA license. If you are going to rent aircraft overseas
you'll most likely end up writing the country regs and get a local
medical and an equivilant local license based on your Canada and FAA
license. I've done that in many countries where I worked as a pilot.
Most regulations and requirements are ICAO so you're already familiar
with them and not a big deal.
Have fun and expect to end up paying premium prices for foreign
rentals.
Selway Kid