Old October 1st 04, 05:03 PM
Dude

Bummer

"Pete Schaefer" wrote in message
news:HHK6d.392182$8_6.17841@attbi_s04...

BWAAAAHAAAAHAAAAAHOHOHOHOHOHHEEHEEEHEEHEEHEE!!SCRA MJETSFORCIVILIANUSE!!!HHHA
AHHAHAA....

sorry...just lost control there for a second....

All this **** about scramjets and hypersonics has been going on for a lot
longer than I've been alive, and I haven't seen anything yet that tells me
that there is any really significant progress towards anything that might
even remotely be construed as "practical". A guy I used to work with is

the
chief on that Hyper-X project. He's just spent like 25 years of his career
for 11 seconds of data.

"Dude" wrote in message
It seems NASA is using a rocket booster to get to speed, which would

make
me
think this idea is a bit less than practical for civilian use. Can't

see