Old February 17th 06, 06:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Volt / Ammeter

Yeah, I'll give you that I missed the "powered from the measured voltage"
part. It becomes a bit less trivial. Practically impossible.

As for sticking pins through the wire a foot apart, you are going to get
more contact resistance (and corrosion as time goes on) than the shunt
itself. If you are using the primary wire as the shunt, I'd break the wire,
use a terminal strip with a shorter piece of thinner wire a few inches long,
then back to the larger wire.

Jim

"GeorgeB" wrote in message
On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 21:35:15 -0800, "RST Engineering"
wrote:

Yes, rather trivially.

Stick 2 pins through the
insulation about a foot apart and hook them to the meter.