Old February 1st 07, 05:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marco Leon

Default Battery-Driven Tanis

On Feb 1, 11:54 am, wrote:
I've been reading this tread with some interest, but I am fortunate in
that I have electricity to my hanger. What I'm curious about is the
cell phone or pager thing to turn on a heater remotely. Has anyone
done that, and how so? One thing that came to mind with pagers is that
alot of times they will beep something like once a minute as a
reminder if you don't push the button when it goes off, does that mean
that any application would be switching on and off likewise if you
used a pager?
-Ryan Wubben
Madison

You can start he http://www.reiffpreheat.com/Beeper%20Box%20pg%201.htm.
There are others on the market I believe. There's also a $15
ThermoCube that turns on the outlet under a certain temperature.
Sporty's has it.

Marco