Old August 30th 10, 05:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Surfer![_2_]

Default required LD versus required MC to make it home ??

"akiley" wrote in message

Thank you everyone for all the input on this subject. It's been very
interesting to read these posts! I'm still digesting.

To recap, I'm a fairly new glider pilot with only 30 hours. But I
have spent a LOT of time with SeeYou Mobile in sim mode and with
flight sims, testing, reading trying to take it all in. It really
helps understanding the theory.

In real world, I'm currently staying within range of my primary
airport at all times. With a club Cirrus and not having formal cross
country training (yet), this is what I must do for now.

snip

Thank goodness you are staying in glide range. Does the SeeYou simulator
teach field landings?