Old July 4th 04, 03:12 AM
Richard Kaplan

"Andrew Gideon" wrote in message
online.com...

But it does have me wondering. The system would not be "known icing"
compliant. So...what difference in utilization would it make? I'm

curious
what others - esp. that fly with de-ice - would reply.

You will need to wrestle with the issue of non-known-icing certification,
although the C182 certainly is overpowered enough to be a reasonable
candidate for known-ice certification and certainly there are many legendary
stories of C182 pilots flying with inadvertent icing in a C182.

I can tell you my increased utilization of my P210 after I added TKS has
been dramatic in the winter; in fact, I now prefer to fly family vacations
in the winter instead of the summer because my winter dispatch rate is
higher than my summer dispatch rate even with radar and weather datalink and
a Strikefinder. My wife would agree wholeheartedly despite the cost of TKS
on the P210.

Richard Kaplan, CFII

www.flyimc.com