Old April 5th 04, 09:14 PM
Mark James Boyd

Larry,

If it's a certificated repair station, when you get the glider,
if the logs reflect no repair or false repair, one would think
you could tell the certifying body that repair was paid for
but not entered in the logbook. Not a correct procedure.
After an investigation, the shop either has to probably put
in writing that they never touched the aircraft.

Perhaps a good starting point anyway...

You said this was a recommended shop. I'd be a little surprised
if there wasn't just some miscommunication or maybe the
guy had a family issue or somesuch...hope all works out...

In article ,
Larry Johnson wrote:
I need some suggestions on how to handle a problem. I've had my
sailplane in for repairs now for 4 months. Person I took it to was
recommended and told me it was about a 10-15 hr job-gear up mostly
scrapes, couple of dings, one small crack. I told insurance, they did
okay repair, sent check to me. Business told me to send check when I
got it-did. OK, first mistake.
Have tried to contact-no response. E-mailed him to let him know I'll
be picking sailplane up in a week. No work done fine, just have
everything ready to go and a check for the amount I' sent for repairs.
If done, same thing and have all signatures/paperwork for log book
complete. I'll leave either way with no hassle-I want to fly my plane.
Any suggestions if this doesn't work beside going legal route. I
really just want to fly my sailplane and not miss this season. Any,
any suggestions would help.
Contact me by e-mail if you've had similar and know what business
I'm talking about. Thanks guys. I"m ready for the comments.

Larry- a frustrated owner.

--

Mark Boyd