Old July 5th 06, 01:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

Default What to do about North Korea...?

In article , Bob Fry
wrote:

JH While the world's attention has been diverted to Iraq and
JH Gaza, I think the real nightmare scenario is developing in
JH North Korea.

Hmmmmm.....no. N. Korea is an isolated society controlled by a few
kooks without a cause that inspires followers. True, the worst case
is they shoot a couple of nukes off, let's say one in Asia, another to
the US...followed with massive retaliation by the US.

While it is true that N. Korea is probably not our biggest nightmare
in the long term, they still present a very real near term threat.

A much more
likely scenario is they keep making threats until we can get some
practical people in the White House, replacing the current idelogues,
who will actually talk to the kooks and see what they really want (my
guess is some assurance they won't be invaded).

Don't make the mistake of assuming that others are operating by
roughly the same motivations as us. Sometimes diplomacy will
work, but it requires that the other side is actually interested in
peace.

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the